Let’s talk fitted sheets today. The kind you were never taught how to fold, until now!
We all know that the elasticized corners fill an important purpose, right? Which is great, until you need to fold them flat to keep your linen closet looking neat and tidy. If you’re someone who’s always had difficulty folding those fitted sheets so they look neat, this article is for you. Keep reading for some clever tips and tricks to help!
- Locate a short side of the fitted sheet. It doesn’t matter if it’s the top or the bottom. Hold it up horizontally in front of you, with one hand tucked inside each corner, and the elastic edge facing you.
- Now fold the sheet in half by bringing your hands together. Tuck one corner inside the other and bring the elastic edges together.
- Do the same thing on the bottom of the sheet–tuck one corner inside the other and bring elastic edges together. You should now have a long sheet with a pocket at each end.
- Now hold the sheet with a two-corner pocket in each hand. Bring your hands together and flip one set of corner pockets over the other.
- At this point, lay the sheet on a table or bed or other flat surface.
- Make sure all the gathered and elasticized edges are lined up. They will form a curve. Fold some of this curve over to make a straight edge like the folded edge on the opposite side. You should now have a rectangle with straight edges.
- Fold your rectangle in half lengthwise, and then fold it into thirds. All the elasticized edges should be invisible and folded away inside the sheet.
That’s it. Job’s done. And you thought you would never be able to fold a fitted sheet. Now you’ve got a neatly folded sheet that’s ready for the linen closet. Congrats!
Leave a Reply