Beauty Myths You Should Stop Believing
- Beauty myth number one pertains to your eyebrows. It’s a myth that eyebrows look best if they’re the same color as your hair. In fact, eyebrows look best either one or two shades darker or lighter than your natural hair color. Keep in mind that if you want an edgier look, you should go two or even three shades darker. For a more conservative look, stay closer to your hair color.
- Stop believing the myth that if you pluck out your gray hairs, more gray hairs will take their place. If you feel better plucking them out, go ahead and do it!
- Another beauty myth that has stuck around for a long time is the belief that shaving body hair makes it grow back thicker and darker than ever. The truth is that it won’t. It may make it more course over time, but it doesn’t encourage more hair growth.
- Have you heard the myth that if you use the same shampoo all the time, your hair just gets used to it, until it stops working? Yeah, that’s not true either! If you have a favorite shampoo that you really love, by all means, keep using it as long as you like. Your hair doesn’t know which shampoo you use.
- Tanning beds are much safer than laying out in the sun, right? Wrong! Tanning beds are also harmful to your skin. So harmful, in fact, that dermatologists say that even one tanning bed session increases your risk of melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer!